Erin Casey joined Pavese Law Firm in 2022. Her practice area focuses on civil litigation. Ms. Casey brings to the firm over 20 years of combined criminal and civil litigation experience.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Casey practiced Criminal Defense for 13 years as an Assistant Public Defender advocating for clients charged with varying levels of crimes from misdemeanor offenses to punishable by life felonies. She has extensive criminal trial experience having handled well over 50 trials and numerous evidentiary hearings during her tenure.
Prior to her practice in Criminal Defense, Ms. Casey practiced in the Tampa area in various Civil Litigation matters, such as Nursing Home Defense, Insurance Defense, and Administrative Law matters.
Ms. Casey attended Mount Holyoke College majoring in Politics with a minor in Computer Science. While attending law school, she won an internal competition earning her a seat to represent her school at the ABA Regional Negotiation Competition. She graduated with pro bono honors from the Shepard Broad Law Center at Nova Southeastern University.
Originally from Central Florida, Ms. Casey enjoys spending time with her two boys, husband, and cats. She enjoys cycling and ice skating.
- Civil Litigation
Admitted to Practice
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court of the Southern District Court
- U.S. District Court of the Northern District Court
- U.S. District Court of the Middle District Court
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D.
- Mount Holyoke College B.A
Bar and Professional Association Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Lee County Bar Association
- Lee County Women’s Bar Association
- Calusa Inn of Court, Master
- Fort Myers Republican Women’s Club, First Vice-President
- Twentieth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee, member
Awards & Recognition
- 2021 Lee County Bar Association Pro Bono Superstar Award