Chené Thompson joined Pavese Law Firm in 2013, became a partner in the firm in 2015 and co-managing partner in 2021. Ms. Thompson focuses primarily on litigation related to Land Use, Zoning, Condominium/Homeowners’ Association Law and other Real Estate matters. In 2019, Ms. Thompson was named one of Florida Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite in recognition of her courtroom ability. Prior to coming to the firm, Ms. Thompson was also named as one of the top Prosecutors in the state of Florida for successfully prosecuting organized crime, white collar fraud and large scale narcotics trafficking.
Ms. Thompson brings to the firm her many years of experience as a litigator. She has served as lead counsel to national home builders and local developers in successful defenses of land use, zoning, comprehensive plan challenges and construction defect litigation. Ms. Thompson also handles litigation involving condominium and homeowners association and business disputes. This experience gives her the ability to interpret the facts of a case in a manner designed to best protect each client’s interest.
- Represented a corporate property owner faced with four (4) separate lawsuits seeking to invalidate a development order. Winning on all four (4) cases, we were able to produce extraordinary results for the client which in turn enabled it to proceed forward with its plans for expansion.
- Successfully brought suit against the state of Florida on behalf of a nationwide homebuilder to recover taxes improperly levied, and recovered the full amount owed.
- Defended a prominent local homebuilder improperly sued for allegations of construction defects, ending with a complete dismissal of the case.
- Represented a local Realtor® Association Board with both Florida Realtor® and National Association of Realtor® matters.
- Successfully defended a business association against a claim for failure to maintain a storm drainage system. In the end, the jury returned a verdict unequivocally vindicating our client.
- Won a resounding victory for a local builder who after completing a very large project was never fully paid by the property owner, who was an international corporation based in New York. Taking the case to trial proved worthwhile as the jury returned a verdict for the builder 4 times greater than the pretrial offer.
- Sought Emergency Injunctive Relief on behalf of a local building association seeking to invalidate a municipality’s resolution. The resolution would have had significant negative consequences to our area’s construction industry. The lawsuit resulted in a prompt repeal of the challenged resolution.
Originally from New York, in her personal time Ms. Thompson enjoys horseback riding, drag racing and most of all spending time with her family in Florida and New York. She is honored to currently serve on the Board of the Fort Myers Woman’s Community Club, AMI Kids of Southwest Florida, Inc., the Edison Pageant of Light, and as the Chairperson of the Florida Bar Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee, 20th Judicial Circuit.
Ms. Thompson graduated cum laude from the University of Miami, School of Law. During law school she was selected to represent Miami in the International Moot Court Jessup Competition, wrote for the school’s newspaper, and volunteered in the Coral Gables community. Ms. Thompson is a member of The Florida Bar and the US District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
- Civil Litigation
- Condominium & Homeowners’ Association
- Land Use, Zoning & Local Government
- Real Estate
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court of the Middle District of Florida
- The Florida Bar
- University of Miami, J.D., cum laude
- Nova Southeastern University, B.S. with honors, Phi Alpha Delta
Bar and Professional Association Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Lee County Bar Association
- AMI Kids of Southwest Florida
- Chariman, Florida Bar Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee
- Fort Myers Woman’s Community Club
- Edison Pageant of Light
- PACE Center for Girls
Awards & Recognition
- Florida Trend Magazine – Legal Elite
- Florida Super Lawyers