Alexander J. Menendez joined the Pavese Law Firm in 2017 and became a partner in the Firm in 2023. His practice is primarily focused in the areas of Community Association Law and commercial and residential transactions. As part of a seasoned real estate group, Mr. Menendez has assisted clients through a wide variety of legal matters affecting residential and commercial condominiums as well as homeowners’ and cooperative associations. Mr. Menendez has also represented and advised home owners, local businesses, developers, and national homebuilders on diverse real estate matters from residential closings to commercial leases and land acquisitions. Whether you require assistance with the management and day-to-day operations of your community association, or a legal advocate to represent your interests in a real estate deal, Mr. Menendez has the experience, the knowledge, and the determination to help you accomplish your goals.
Alex has been named a “Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyers® in 2023 for his work in the field of real estate law.
Condominium, Homeowners’ Association, and Planned Development Law
- General legal counsel regarding the statutes, rules, and regulations for community associations in Florida
- Drafting, interpreting, and amending community association governing documents, including Declarations, Articles of Incorporation, By-laws, Rules and Regulations, and Architectural Review Guidelines
- Covenant enforcement
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with vendors and contractors
- Collection of association assessments and fees, including lien enforcement and foreclosure
- Condominium and homeowners’ association litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Disputes arising from maintenance and repair of common areas
- Administrative representation before the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation
- Preservation and revitalization of covenants under Florida Marketable Record Title Act (MRTA)
- Residential and commercial real estate closings
- Preparing and negotiating commercial and residential leases for both landlords and tenants
- Contract negotiations and breach of contract disputes
- Business entity formation
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Title Search, title examination, and title insurance
Before joining Pavese, Mr. Menendez worked as a legal intern for First American Financial Corporation, which is a Fortune 500 Company and an international title insurance and settlement services provider. Mr. Menendez also worked as a law clerk and a legal assistant to civil litigation firms in St. Petersburg, Florida. In 2014, Mr. Menendez obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree in Geography from the University of Florida with a minor in Real Estate finance and a focus on urban planning and development. He then graduated cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2017.
Mr. Menendez was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2017, and he is a member of the Lee County Bar Association and the American Inns of Court (Calusa Chapter).
- Condominium & Homeowners’ Association
- Real Estate
Admitted to Practice
- The Florida Bar
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Florida, B.A., Geography
Bar and Professional Association Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Lee County Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star” in the Real Estate Edition, 2023